Search

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Messiah

I want to review some of the points made:

  • The Messiah will be a davidic descendant
  • The Messiah will be a king-priest 
  • His priesthood by being different from Aaron's (at the very least) suggests a new law covenant
  • The Messiah will bear our sins and pay for them (which at the very least) suggests a perfect man 
  • The Messiah, thogh killed, will "prolong his days" and "see his children" (which suggests a resurrection and figurative childrrn, which alludes to the title "Eternal Father," and the perfect Father of our race, Adam)
  • The Messiah appears before God (in person)
  • Jehovah is very involved with the Messiah
These points, I think, are going to be crucial to understanding the Messiah in Daniel 9:24-27, specifically how it could not mean any thing that secular historians or sceptics mean and what sin will be finished during the 70 years (and why it is not just the sins of pre-exilic Judah). 

After I release my Defense of Daniel's Prophecy of weeks tomorrow I will prepare for my other defenses of Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Your comment will be posted after approval.