Search

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Scriptures Concerning the “Offspring” - Part Three

The Benefits of His Reign as King-Priest and the New Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, ‘my covenant that they broke, although I was their true master,’ declares Jehovah.” “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.” “And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

Matthew 26:27
And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.”

Hebrews 8:7
If that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second.

Hebrews 7:25
So he is able also to save completely those who are approaching God through him, because he is always alive to plead for them.

Jeremiah 31:34
And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

Isaiah 53:4-6
Truly he himself carried our sicknesses, And he bore our pains. But we considered him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgression; He was crushed for our errors. He bore the punishment for our peace, And because of his wounds we were healed. Like sheep we have all wandered about, Each has turned his own way, And Jehovah has caused the error of us all to meet up with him.

Isaiah 53:11
By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, Will bring a righteous standing to many people, And their errors he will bear.

Hebrews 10:10
By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.

1 Corinthians 15:26
And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.

Genesis 3:15
And I [Jehovah] will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your [Satan’s] head, and you will strike him in the heel.

Green: What the “New Covenant” is not

Grey: Benefits coming though the “offspring.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Your comment will be posted after approval.