Search

Friday, September 11, 2015

Scriptures Concerning the “Offspring” - Part One

I have prepared a pretty exhaustive list of scriptures that identify the Messiah, also known as the Offspring, the Christ, My [Jehovah's] Servant, our High Priest (after the manner of Melchizedek), or the Christ. The reason for my doing so is two fold.

The first reason is to help show why Onais III or any other Aaronic priest could not fit the role of Messiah the Leader as described in Daniel 9. And to show what "sin" was to be finished off within the 70 years. Secondly I wished to prove from the scriptures that only Jesus could fit this description.

I am working on my defense of Daniel's "Prophecy of Weeks," and in order to understand it it is necessary to understand related prophecies. I have prepared a list, of which I will be posting from until I release my essay "A Defense of Daniel's Prophecy of Week" soon. This list will be released in sections.

His Reign

Genesis 3:15
And I [Jehovah] will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your [Satan’s] head, and you will strike him in the heel.

Genesis 22:18
And by means of your [Abraham’s first, then Isaac’s, then Jacobs’] offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice. (This promise for an offspring was passed to Isaac and Jacob.)

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiʹloh [he whose it is] comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong. (Note that there is no one after Shiloh, so Shiloh’s dominion is the last one and forever. Further the promise is now passed to Judah.)

2 Samuel 7:11-16
Also, Jehovah has told you [David] that Jehovah will make a house for you [David]. When your days come to an end and you are laid to rest with your forefathers, then I will raise up your offspring after you, your own son, and I will firmly establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my name, and I will firmly establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will become his father, and he will become my son. When he does wrong, I will reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of men. My loyal love will not be taken away from him the way I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will be secure forever before you; your throne will be firmly established forever. (The promise is now passed to David.)

Psalm 2:7-12
Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father. Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance And the ends of the earth as your possession. You will break them with an iron scepter, And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.” So now, you kings, show insight; Accept correction, you judges of the earth. Serve Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Honor the son, or God will become indignant And you will perish from the way, For His anger flares up quickly. Happy are all those taking refuge in Him.

Psalm 110:1-7
Jehovah declared to my [David’s] Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I [Jehovah] place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.” Your people will offer themselves willingly on the day of your military force. In splendid holiness, from the womb of the dawn, You have your company of young men just like dewdrops. Jehovah has sworn an oath, and he will not change his mind: “You are a priest forever In the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek!” Jehovah will be at your right hand; He will crush kings on the day of his anger. He will execute judgment against the nations; He will fill the land with dead bodies. He will crush the leader of a vast land. He will drink from the stream along the road. Therefore, he will hold his head high.

Ezekiel 21:25-27
But your day has come, O fatally wounded, wicked chieftain of Israel, the time of your final punishment. This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘Remove the turban, and take off the crown. This will not remain the same. Raise up the low one, and bring low the high one. A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I will make it. And it will not belong to anyone until the one who has the legal right comes, and I will give it to him.

Daniel 7:13,14
“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

Luke 1:30-33
Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And look! you will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.

Purple: What Jehovah does
Black: Ancestor of the “offspring.”
Red: Subjects of the offspring / people effected by the offspring.
Yellow: Right of the “offspring” to rule.
Green: Length of the rule of the “offspring” and his kingdom.
Underlined: Objects denoting regal power.

Italicized: How the “offspring” gets his rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Your comment will be posted after approval.